SEO (search engine optimisation) can be affordable when it’s done correctly. Yes, SEO is not sexy like Facebook ads and has been around for a very long time but SEO does work and can bring in hordes of customers due to it’s ability to tap into high intent search behaviour.
Unlike social media ads, where you are you trying to target the right person, with the right message, at the right time, SEO is all about getting in front of a demand that is already there. Your prospect is warmer, less convincing is required, and if you have a great product or offer than you can do very well.
There are a few things you should consider when choosing an SEO company to work with. You can find affordable SEO services that matches your budget if you know what questions to ask. Here are a few of our top tips:
1) Make sure they are specialists in SEO and are not outsourcing. Unfortunately a lot of agencies will say YES to SEO work, even though they might not have the internal capabilities to pull it off at a high level. Make sure you speak to the SEO specialist that will be working on your website, that they have a strong understanding of SEO and the recent algorithm changes and are passionate to help grow your business. When SEO is outsourced, corners are usually cut and quality can be very unpredictable.
2) Make sure they have experience working in your industry before. This is a good one, as an agency that has helped rank a website in your industry already is a great sign they can also do it for you too. Having industry related knowledge and expertise also helps when creating strategic long-tail keywords that might be outside of the normal selection commonly found in Google Keyword planner.
3) Agree on performance metrics and milestones so the relationship is based on performance. A great SEO company will be able to analyse your website, google analytics and market opportunity then create some benchmarking and forecasts to shoot for. Some agencies (including Firefly) will even guarantee metrics like keywords ranking, traffic increase and other metrics which lead to more leads and more customers. If you can work with an agency that backs themself, your risk is mitigated.
4) SEO takes time, and is a long term strategy. If you are expecting results within the first couple of months, you are setting your self up for failure. Most SEO companies will suggest 12 months is a good amount of time to see strong traffic and conversion growth on your website.
5) Your competitors are also doing SEO, Don’t stop once you have achieved strong results. This is the #1 mistake in SEO, once a company has moved to position #1 or increased traffic significantly across multiple organic keywords, they take the foot off the gas and stop SEO. Just like a healthy diet and exercise regime, if you stop eating healthy and training, you will lose your results fast. Crash diets never work, and this is the same with search engine optimisation and improving your website. If the SEO work is bringing in a flood of customers and is highly profitable, then why would you want to stop? You need to work hard to not only gain, but retain your SEO results.
SEO can be an affordable exercise when done properly. Like any marketing, SEO is an investment and therefore can be very profitable. If you are looking for a cheap solution, you will get what you pay for. With marketing being an equation based on how much does this cost me, and how much will this net me back, sometimes the more affordable option is not the cheapest option, but the option that brings you the best return. Our affordable SEO company in Auckland have helped grow hundreds of companies online, if you need any help with your website please give us a call or request a free quote.